Children 1stFormerly "What About The Children"
Children 1st is a program for children ages 4-18 and their parents who are going through divorce/separation.
Main topics covered
- Impact of conflict.
- The impact of divorce on the different stages of development.
- Effective communication with the children.
- Negotiating with the other parent.
- Problem solving in the new families.
- What happens and who causes divorce/separation?
- Children are not responsible for divorce.
- Understanding the reactions and feelings that go with divorce/separation.
This program consists of two, 1½ hour sessions. Classes are offered throughout the year to individuals and small groups (2-3 people). Divorcing/separating parents will take separate classes. Children will have classes in small groups or individually. Classes are offered in Carmel and Salinas
$250 per family
Please complete the registration form and return it to Harmony At Home one week prior to the first class.
For registration and more information, call Harmony At Home at (831) 625-5160 in Carmel or (831) 272-6644 in Salinas.