Children 1st is a co-parenting program for children ages 6-18 and their parents who are going through divorce/separation.
Main topics covered
- What happens and who causes divorce/separation?
- Children are not responsible for divorce.
- Understanding the reactions and feelings that go with divorce/separation.
- Impact of conflict.
- The impact of divorce on the different stages of development.
- Effective communication with the children.
- Negotiating with the other parent (co-parent).
- Problem solving in the new families.
This co-parenting program consists of two, 1½ hour sessions. Classes are offered throughout the year to individuals and small groups (2-3 people). Divorcing/separating parents will take separate classes. Children will have classes in small groups or individually. Classes are offered in Carmel and Salinas.
$250 per family
Please complete the registration form and the Purpose and Guidelines form, and return to Harmony At Home by fax at (866)280-0931 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the first class.
The following film must be viewed prior to attending the first class. You can watch it anytime by clicking on the link below. Make sure to bring proof that you have watched the film to your first class. Please inform the instructor if you don’t have access to a computer or would like to watch the video in Spanish.
For registration and more information, call Harmony At Home at (831) 625-5160 in Carmel or (831) 272-6644 in Salinas.
Children 1st is a program for children ages 4-18 and their parents who are going through divorce/separation.