Children 1st is a co-parenting program for children ages 5-18 and their parents who are going through divorce/separation.
Main topics covered
- What happens and who causes divorce/separation?
- Children are not responsible for divorce.
- Understanding the reactions and feelings that they are their parents may experience.
- Communication tools for expressing/sharing with parents.
- Impact of conflict.
- The impact of divorce on the different stages of development and ways to help.
- Effective communication with the children and former parent.
- Negotiating with the other parent (co-parent).
- Problem solving in the new families.
We provide two classes for each parent and two classes for the children. Classes are offered throughout the year to individuals and small groups. Divorcing/separating parents will take separate classes. Children will have classes in small groups, with their sibling(s), or individually.
To receive an individualized certificate, an adult must complete 2 classes.
Classes offered at our Salinas and Carmel offices. Classes are offered over the phone.
$50 per class per adult
$25 per class for the children
REGISTRATION : Please complete the registration form and the Purpose and Guidelines form, and return to Harmony At Home by fax at (866) 280-0931 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week prior to the first class.
SPLIT FILM The following film must be viewed prior to attending the first class. You can watch it anytime by clicking on the link below. Make sure to bring proof that you have watched the film to your first class. Please inform the instructor if you don’t have access to a computer or would like to watch the video in Spanish.
For registration and more information, call Harmony At Home at (831) 625-5160 in Carmel or (831) 272-6644 in Salinas.
Thanks to some generous grants and donations, Children 1st classes are currently FREE to families living in Soledad, Greenfield, and King City!
Contact email@example.com for more information.