Harmony at Home Events and Awards
Julianne Leave, Harmony At Home’s Executive Director, wins the KCBA Fox 35 High Five award! Julianne was nominated by Patricia Escobar for making a positive impact on her life and throughout Monterey County!
Patricia along with KCBA Fox 35 and the Monterey Credit Union recognize Julianne Leavy’s ability over the past 15 years to build a thriving non-profit that continues to support local families, schools, and children with the tools to lead healthy and productive lives!
We were surprised, shocked, and grateful! We wanted to know how and why prisoners in Soledad could and would send us this generous donation. We learned that every year various groups of prisoners who will likely spend the rest of their lives in prison, participate in programs that help them give back to the community.
- Deneen Guss – Deputy Superintendent of MCOE
- Chris Devers from MCOE Alternative Education Program
- Edgar, Isaac, Iris, and Maria – Youth Speakers
Thank you also to our many sponsors this year:
- PGI Management
- Harden Ranch
- Integris Wealth Management
- Bonifacio Properties
- JFG Realty Advisors
- Noland, Hamerly, Etienne, & Hoss
- Elizabeth Dini – Alain Pinel
- Foxy Couture
- Pacific Valley Bank
- Law office of Barbara J. May
- Goldsmith Real Estate
- Leach & Walker
- Vanderbilt CPAs
- Fleurs du Soleil
- Precision Nails
- Photography by Charles Knight
- Fear of bullying among 3rd through 5th grade girls and boys has decreased by 10%
- Verbal bullying has decreased by 16%
- Exclusion has decreased by 9%
- Student reporting to teachers has increased by 60%
On 4/27/17 Harmony At Home was the 2017 recipient of the Monterey County School Boards Association’s “Excellence in Education Award.”
Harmony At Home’s mission is to end the cycles of violence and abuse by empowering children and young adults with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to lead healthy and productive lives.
Pinkie Weesner receives the Dr. Eldredge Community Service Award
On April 5, 2017, Ms. Frances “Pinkie” Weesner was honored with the Dr. Gene Eldredge Community Service Award from the Child Abuse Prevention Council. Pinkie has been directly responsible for helping Harmony At Home create a more peaceful and safe school and community environment in Salinas. This morning, we had the opportunity to honor her work, dedication, passion and success in helping to stop violence in our schools. Thank you, Pinkie!