Teen Success, Inc., is dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty for teen mothers and children. Teen Success, Inc., provides programming to help teen mothers develop social and emotional assets, finish high school, avoid having a second child as a teen, and become effective “first teachers” to their children. Members learn to develop strong parenting skills to nurture their child’s positive development, and to develop the life skills necessary to thrive.
Meetings are based in four modules:
- Health and Wellness
- Education and Career
- Parents as First Teachers
- Social and Emotional Intelligence
There are many benefits to joining a Teen Success group:
- Meet other teen mothers like you.
- Receive stipends for attendance.
- Learn new skills to help you with parenting and pursuing your education.
- Free healthy snacks.
- Childcare is available during group meetings.
In order to be eligible for the Teen Success program, a teen MUST:
- Be a first-time teen mother (or pregnant with first child)
- Be between the ages of 13 and 19
- Have NOT graduated from high school or obtained a GED
The Teen Success, Inc. program is available in the following locations:
- Antioch – (877) 427-7134
- Bakersfield – (661) 635-3050
- Cutler-Orosi – (559) 528-2846
- Dinuba – (559) 638-6585
- Fresno – (559) 453-9662
- Gilroy – (408) 263-8330
- Lamont – (661) 635-3050
- Oakland – (877) 427-7134
- Orange Cove – (559) 638-6585
- Redwood City – (408) 263-8330
- Reedley – (559) 638-6585
- Salinas – (831) 272-6644
- San Jose – (408) 263-8330
- Visalia – (559) 738-8037