Service Updates During Covid-19
Harmony At Home is committed to serving our community with counseilng, bullying prevention, family, and youth services. Here is a list of the remote services that we are offering at this time:
- Sticks & Stones counseling services are being implemented remotely for existing clients and their families that attend: King City Union School District, Greenfield Union School District, Soledad Unified School District, Chualar Union School District, Spreckels Union School District, Salinas City Elementary School District, Salinas Union High School District, Alisal Union School District, Aromas-San Juan Unified School District, MCOE Home Charter School, MCOE Alternative Education, and Sacred Heart School.
- Community Counseling for individual, couples, and families will continue to be offered remotely on a sliding scale. $50 – $95 per hour. Victims of Crime in South County continue to be offered remotely. Services also continue for existing counseling clients at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Monterey County (Salinas, Seaside, & Gonzales). We will be taking new Community Counseling referrals on a case-by-case basis.
- Children 1st classes for divorcing and separating families are being offered remotely for parents by phone and video. Based upon age and appropriateness, children will be considered for the classes on a case-by-case basis. We are serving new and existing families.
- Our Teen Success, Inc. program for young mothers ages 14 – 19 continues to serve new and existing members. Individual coaching sessions and weekly peer learning groups take place virtually every week and we are having a strong turnout! We are also delivering diaper, wipes, and formula to our young mom’s in need. If you would like to contribute with a donation, please contact us to learn more.
- Bullying Prevention services have been converted to a virtual model and are being offered to new and existing school and community partners. Salinas City Elementary School District, Alisal Union School District, Monterey Peninsula Unified School District, and Chualar School District have already started virtual bullying prevention services for parents, students, teachers, and staff!
You can contact us at our Salinas or Carmel office for more information as we are checking our phones and voicemails daily.
We stand with you virtually in solidarity and strength as we move through this crisis together.
The Mission statement for Harmony At Home is:
“To end the cycles of violence and abuse by empowering children and young adults with knowledge, skills and confidence to lead healthy and productive lives.”
Harmony At Home has joined with Teen Success, Inc. to help young mothers develop social and emotional assets, finish high school, accomplish their goals, and become effective “first teacher” to their children. Members receive individual coaching and attend peer learning groups to support them with their health, wellness, education, career, parenting, and social emotional learning. Learn more here.
Harmony At Home is currently serving over 13,000 children, parents, teachers, staff and administrators with the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program and our Student-Led Assembly. The goals of these program are to empower staff, students, and parents to establish prevention & intervention techniques to systematically reduce bullying. Learn more here.
The Sticks & Stones® school based counseling program is the first prevention and intervention program for children exposed to violence and trauma in Monterey County. Sticks & Stones® was developed by Marriage and Family Therapist Julianne Leavy. We currently serve over 40 Elementary, Middle, and High school sites across Monterey County with our Sticks & Stones® program! Learn more here.